Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. I just found out that my wife and I will be going to Ixtapa Mexico in February. Some sort of work thing. :thumb: Anyway, of course I will be fishing some. Does anyone know of a good fishing charter? Anyone have a good experience they would like to share? All info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
We just went to the docks in Zihauteneho? and found a guy with a boat to take us out. I had my own chit and we went out chasing boils and just glide into the boils and chucked rapalas and hammered bonitos and mahis' and drank beer and it was a great time.

Also caught some grouper type bass from shore in the rocks on kastys.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
It's been a long time but I set up fishing with a recommended local that was pretty sought after from winning a big tournament. When we got there and found him he told us he was booked for the whole month but he had a cousin that would take us lol. We got some Dorado and Sailfish trolling hootchies off shore and a variety of inshore species with Ralala j13s and 20lb getting them to slow down enough for the j13s we had 10- 0 compared to their crap lures and heavy line.
Speaking some basic Spanish is a great help

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Good morning all. I just found out that my wife and I will be going to Ixtapa Mexico in February. Some sort of work thing. :thumb: Anyway, of course I will be fishing some. Does anyone know of a good fishing charter? Anyone have a good experience they would like to share? All info would be greatly appreciated.
Where are you staying? Hotel, Time Share, etc...

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you staying? Hotel, Time Share, etc...
Not sure yet. We just found out that we get to go. Will know mow next week. All I know is it is an all inclusive.

We just went to the docks in Zihauteneho? and found a guy with a boat to take us out. I had my own chit and we went out chasing boils and just glide into the boils and chucked rapalas and hammered bonitos and mahis' and drank beer and it was a great time.

That sounds like my kind of fishing. Get a couple skip jacks and I'll have cut bait for the trip

It's been a long time but I set up fishing with a recommended local that was pretty sought after from winning a big tournament. When we got there and found him he told us he was booked for the whole month but he had a cousin that would take us lol. We got some Dorado and Sailfish trolling hootchies off shore and a variety of inshore species with Ralala j13s and 20lb getting them to slow down enough for the j13s we had 10- 0 compared to their crap lures and heavy line.
Speaking some basic Spanish is a great help
I'm not the best Spanish speaker, but like to try. We normally throw crystal minnows. And clousers with the fly rod, Should be fun.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts

I can't tell if you are being serious about Zihuatanejo....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Zihuat is fun. Probably the best part is that you are within 2-4 miles of shore, so fewer people suffer through seasickness. Most reasonable saltwater fishing that you will ever do.
I believe that the 1/2 day rate was $250(3 years ago). We caught dorado and chased boils of Jacks. My arms were worn out and I was ready to come in after 4 hrs but our guide insisted we stay out longer and look for sails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts