Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola from Ixapa/ Zihuantenejo. I figured I'd post a quick pic or 2 of the trip so far. We went out fishing yesterday an had a great time. The moon phase has caused some problems for the sails. so we went inshore. We had constant action for nearly 4 hrs or until we called it quits. My arm actually hurt. And the wife's did too. We brought in I'd say 30-40, Skip Jacks, Sierra's, dorado and these 2 nice Jacks. The Jacks killed us. We only saw one Pez Gallo (Rooster). Great day on the water.Mild temps, in the mid 80's. All fish were caught using hardware. No live bait for this trip. Also below is a cool pic of an eagle that landed on my wife's breakfast plate a couple days ago. Ya don't see that every day. LOL. Tomorrow we will be headed out for billfish and tuna. We will see.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
WOW!!!

All that sounds so cool!!!

The eagle shot is awesome.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I know one thing for sure.....I would not put my hand near that birds beak!!! Or talons for that matter.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Jacks are tough fish, a lot of fun on light tackle.
Good luck offshore and steer clear of all the land sharks back on the beach.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Schweeeeeeeet, Jim! well done. I'm highly jealous!

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the replies. I will post some more pics and videos in a day or so. Lots of cool stuff down here. This is a great place. And the fishing can be phenomenal. We hit it at the wrong time, (full moon cycle) and we still did well. For the Jacks any way!(El Toro) Pics and videos to follow.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did the jacks come from around the white rocks? Fun place for sure, not a whole lot of night life but I am of the age where after 10:00 I am thinking about bedtime.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts