Registered
6,684 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have had a lot of success with rattle baits. Specifically the ripping rap. They are great baits for both walleye and perch. I've caught several lake trout on them as well. If the rattle baits aren't getting hit, try putting a simpler presentation in a hole adjacent to the rattle bait and you'll likely catch. I have found that the rattle brings fish in, if they aren't aggressive the fish may not bite it. However, if there is a less active bait the fish will likely hit it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Been using lipless for over 7 years now and they account for a lot of my bigger fish.Bought lots of different brands and tinkered with adding weight and will agree that the RIPPIN RAP is one of my favorites right out of the box.Most of my other ones I take the tail hook off,change the belly hook cause they are usually to big.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Yah I think the Red River is the key--
I think so too...

Thinking about trying a few, but at $14.99 a piece, my bank will break quickly !!
Just don't throw them around rocks.

I ordered some Aruka shads (and Xcalibur One Knockers) yesterday from Gander Mountain. The Arukas were on sale. I have never tried them but the lure gets good reviews. I've been fishing the Xcalibur under the ice with some success. I would say that, once you get walleyes to your holes, the particular lure probably doesn't matter much.

Gander link: http://www.gandermountain.com/search/aruka

1 - 14 of 14 Posts