Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to hit Jackson again to see if i could catch some more wipers.Got there about 9:30am and started trolling rat-l-trap and a kastmaster.Caught 3 wipers by the inlet(2 over 15 " one under) then headed back twards the dock and ended up catchin 7 more(6 over 15" but not by much)and one small trout.I think im startin to like this lake!I pretty much practice catch and release,so those little guys will hopefully become bigger next year.                 lyn

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Good job man. When they start letting water out of that lake ill post some pics. Only time i seem to catch any thing there.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nice job hopefully you had better weather than we did. You didn't catch any with a blue rattle trap stuck in it's mouth did you we broke 2 off along the west bank trolling back to the dock. Glad to here the lake is still turning out fish. I think I'm going to try Swanson or red willow in Nebraska this weekend.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The funny thing is both times i've been there its been fairly smooth.Expecially today.At times almost glass.I have a little 10 ft boat with a 5hp motor so i think i have been lucky because i dont play in the whitecaps.Sounds like the fishin tapers off june so i'll be hittin it a few more times. lyn

·
Registered
270 Posts
We saw nothing, but white caps all day Monday. Maybe that's why we only saw 1 other boat on the lake. I never said I was a smart fisherman. I used to have a 14 foot jon boat and almost sank that a couple of times. Traded that for the 13 whaler at it wouldn't sink. Then traded up to Moby Jr. I'm glad it was calm, but if you go out and it's windy look for me up I'll fish with you if we have the room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts