Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a late start left at 6:30. didnt get there till about 8:00. the wind was too strong for our dinky 14 foot shoreline or something. So we fished off the point thats to the north of the swim beach. Nothing. The wind died down so we went back to the truck on the way my dads like "It looks like I have a flat" sure enought the back tire was flat on the truck. so we tried to change it and the stupid locking lugnut wouldnt come off so we went back to wiggins to get it off. So we got on the water about 10:00 Fished everywhere pretty much didnt get a bite. Tried everything but they wouldn't hit. So we pulled in about 2:00. So my dad was gonna let me drive the boat over the the dock while he got the trailer then some Coast Guard wanna be ranger told me no and started harrasing other people about little things. So the day sucked. All I got out of it was a sunburn and many bloody fingers from the hooks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just got out of the shower to get the skunk smell off myself. Talked to shore fishermen and boaters, and did not see one fish. The most action I saw was from my feisty crawdads!

·
Registered
270 Posts
fish it last weekend pretty much the same thing. Except the wind was light, but the jetskis were like flies. Not sure where to fish this weekend. Maybe some night fishing late at Pueblo? We also got a flat on the boat trailier on the way back of course nothing a couple of hundred dollars won't fix.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm heading to Pueblo myself to see family. Maybe I'll get out there in the dark? I still have not tried Brush Hollow, though...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad luck Gonefishin, but it sounds like just one of those days. We hooked plenty of wipers on Thursday off the west side of the swim beach, so I do not think the bite is over out there. Go early in the morning and late in the evening and troll little silver and blue rat-l-traps and I think you can do just fine. Try something that you have not before, and you may do even better.

Later

1 - 6 of 6 Posts