Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Jackson Lake, and here is your semi-live report. Shore line with crawlers, shrimp, power bait was totally dead along the west shore (Pelican campground area), and was told that even the dam/hole in the wall area was very quiet. No one even fishing the inlet area. Told by a local that the Carp are spawning and that was way the shore fishing was dead.
Boat fishing for three days turned up one awesome wiper (19" & 5 lbs.), and two that were on long enough to get the heart pounding. Even with that the bite was also dead using the usual sticks, metals, bottom bouncers. Caught the Wiper on a silver Rattletrap (sp). The weather was windy, overcast, sunshine (you know how the eastern plains can be). The lake itself is down around 3 to 4 feet and the temp. is around 65 to 66 degrees on the surface. If there is anymore info I can pass along, just let me know.
You have got to love Colorado and the fishing choices that challenge our skills.

Even without a catch of the day, you got to love this sport and the people who play by the rules.

Catfish_al

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Silver RATTLETRAPS seem to be an attraction for Wipers out there around this time of year, when the CARP come up to spawn..

Steve
-give it a few weeks or so and the WIPERS should start lighting up..

·
Registered
391 Posts
The only problem with waiting too much longer is that the res turns into a pea soup.Last year at this time i was catching 15-20 wipers each time i went.I have to admit im really bummed about the situation,but I have found other wiper water to quinch my thirst,for now.

lyn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts