Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Finally got to go out and do some hardcore fishing. School was really cutting into my lake time. Anyway, did a couple day camping/fishing trip to Jackson Lake and while the boat fishing was dead, the shore line fishing at least kept things interesting. From the boat we used all types of lures including metals, sticks, harnesses, and managed to catch one stocker Trout bottom bouncing with a crawler harness.
Shoreline fishing we were able to catch Wiper, Trout, and Carp on Night crawlers. Nothing else (Shrimp, powerbait, etc.) worked. We were fishing the West shore line (Pelican Campground). Lake temp on the surface averaged around 62*
Thanks for all your great reports. They helped keep me going during this college thing I'm doing. I'm 47 years old, so we need stimulation where ever we can get it.

Catfish_al

P.S. I'm heading out to Chatfield tomorrow and if you check the fishing forum page you'll see where I've asked for advice for my "First hardcore trip to Chatfield." If you have suggestions, please check out this posting and let me know what you think. Thank you

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Great report and welcome to the forum! I have been meaning to try Jackson out this year. I appreciate your tips. Maybe go for some wiper this weekend.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Action Jackson...the good ol' days of Jackson...when I get back from Chicago, that's where I'm headed but tomorrow, it's Boyd Lake time again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts