Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody fish these lakes this year? I live out in Wiggins but havent had a chance to check them out yet this year  :mad: (just got my ice fishin gear put away)I'm thinking the wipers should start hitting good any time now?I LOVE catching wipers  ;D

M

·
0 Posts
Fished North Sterling about a month and a half ago when they first got the docks in - was still too cold (had snow falling in the boat at the time). Fished Jackson the following three weekends in a row but the water was still cold. Should be starting to get good about now. Inlet should start running again in Sterling this week or next (my thoughts).

Been spending the last two weekends trying to configure a new truck and camper and am going to try (REALLY HARD) to make it out to Sterling next weekend for the weekend (still waiting on UPS to bring my camper tie downs).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mr. Ed, Sounds like you have hit Jackson pretty hard this season. I went out last year opening weekend and the two boats in our group were the only idiots out there due to the wind and cold. We got skunked and never really got away from the shore to the inlet. Early May we went back and caught wiper in mild weather. Didn't keep any. From what I've read there should be an age class in the 18" catagory this year. Looking forward to a good day up there but you never know. Good luck on your rig and Sterling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts