Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there enough Eye's in Jackson to make it worth targeting them?

I fished there with Work2fish last June and the Wiper and trout fishing was pretty good! We had a blast trolling Shallow Shad Raps and Hot n Tots. You never really hear about people walleye fishing there? We caught one small Eye by accident. Just wondering how many there really are in there and if it is worth the effort this spring?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What did you mean about the water quality? Are they stocking Walleye's or Saugeye's?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i go to jackson like 10-15 times a year i never really traget walleye there i usually go aftrer wiper and trout but last summer from july-october i caught alot of walleyes but they were all small from 4 -15 inches so if u want to target walleyes i;d go to chatfield boyd carter horseshoe by boyd to name a few mabe even lake estes i;ve caught some there

F

·
0 Posts
I always hook into a few small walleyes fishing the outlet at Jackson. I wonder what happens to those fish that end up in the spillway...I hope they have some way to recover them and put them back in the reservoir. When the outlet is pumping you can catch a good number of small eyes.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I think they have a rotary screen on the outlet or at least they did. supposedly that keeps most of the larger fish in the res.

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts