Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out there yesterday with my brother-in-law. Found the water to be extremely low and almost all the gates locked. I don't know if this was because of hunting season or because the water is low and the dam area is too dangerous to fish. We finally decided on fishing the boat ramp on the west side. We got there and saw we had to climb down the rocks to the sand to get to the water. While in the process of getting down my brother-in-law fell down the rocks and hurt himself really bad. I told him that I thought we should leave so he could go to the doctor. But he said no. So we fished for 45 minutes before he said we should go because he wasn't feeling good. The wind was blowing very hard. White caps ave. 2-3 ft. Lake appears shallow all around. Some trout, bigger than 15", seen jumping. Local fisherman said he had some hits on Power Bait and 'crawlers. I think it could be good right now, especially for cats at night in the shallows.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
sorry to hear about the accident, those rocks are very slippery, anyways the fishing there is great me and my brother have caught lots of trout, walleye, wiper, and afew cats

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I know how the rocks can be. I just took out the stitches from my fall last week at Harriman.

Hopefully, he did not get hurt any worse than I did. Its too easy to do some serious damage on the rocks.

dan

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Dan said:
I know how the rocks can be.  I just took out the stitches from my fall last week at Harriman.

Hopefully, he did not get hurt any worse than I did.  Its too easy to do some serious damage on the rocks.

dan
Man I tell you what those rocks are slowly trying to eliminate the coloradofisherman members. When I was fishing Hayes I hear this big splash and instantly thought WOW kirbydog hooked into a big one. When I looked over he is laying half in the lake the roks got him to. Luckily he wasnt hurt bad, you know it was smarts though.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Chalk up one more!

I was out fishing Friday a.m. when a rock rolled over underfoot and I landed on my side on a boulder & apparently cracked a rib, at least it feels that way. So I suppose I have to lay off for a week or so, right now it's too sore to cast.

Shoot, I can't hardly even throw a stick of dynamite, so I guess it's no fishing at all for me for a while. :D

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
For the slippery rocks, I wonder if it would help to use those felt-bottomed wader boots. I know they are effective in streams and you can pick them up for a resonable price. I got mine from Cabela's.

Hope this helps,

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rocks were actually dry. He just got his boot stuck between two rocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts