Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Jackson Res. on Friday the 26th,we fished from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. We started out at the inlet which was real low and not moving (of course) so we went to the south side by the outlet and fished off of the dike. The water level is real low and you could walk right down to the water where it was more level to fish from. There was one other fisherman at the lake and one at the outlet. The fisherman at the lake was cleaning up on the wiper and trout. Most of the wiper were below the size limit, but he did have a nice 20" wiper that was legal. We started to notice that he was taking everthing that he caught regardless of the size. :mad: When we went over to talk to him to see what he was catching he made a comment that 'o yea of course they( wiper) are longer that 15". We saw no park ranger all day. He left shortly after we talked to him. Around noon we went down to the outlet and started fishing there. There was one elderly fisherman that was catching some real nice keepers (wiper)out of the river. After about an hour or so he came over to us and started asking if we had taken his power bait. We had not taken his bait or were even close to him while we were fishing. He started mumbling and cursing then he left. We stated to leave about 2:00 pm or so and when we had got to the parking lot where we were parked next to his truck our tires were flat. This guy had pulled all of the valve inserts out of the tires on the truck and just left. After several hours of fixing our tires, thanks to some local residence we were able to leave. A warning for anybody going to Jackson this guy is elderly in his 60's with a white truck, with handicap plates and he is from Wyoming. Punch this jerk in the face for me.

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
I fished Jackson once and we couldnt help noticing that the people hanging around the dike reminded one of the people in the movie "Deliverance",all goofy acting and looking.I mentioned this to my bro a few months later and he started cracking up saying "Thats the same thing my son said about Jackson". Hilarious!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I am so pissed at that jerk fisherman I forgot to descibe the fishing.
We caught 2 wiper out of the lake under 15" and some small trout.
The real fun was at the river, we caught......small wiper, perch, trout. walleye and one real large carp that snapped my line and lots of crawdads. It was a great time fishing till we got to the parking lot. That guy better hope he isn't their this weekend. :mad:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Dam tough luck Mack. But that does put a giggle and grin on my face. :mad: ;D :D
Them old folks sometimes don't understand the regulations. But having one deflate your tires, that's another thing. O man ILMAO, not at you but at the story LOL. Glad to see the locals give you a hand.

·
Registered
324 Posts
next time you go take a bottle of powerbait and clean the center out so it looks full from the outside and fill it with the nastiest smelling thing you can find and give it to the old man than find a good spot to watch him from and wait. right after he opens come out so he can see you laugh at him and then leave

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i knew West Central Mental Health had field trips just didnt know they took em fishing up there

so he can see you laugh at him and then leave
might i add QUICKLY !!!

someone like that might get violent dont want to see you floating downstream on the nightly news

on the bright side four valve stem cores are a pain in the a$$ but cheep it would have been easyer for him to slash your tires with a knife just as much a pain but much more expensive for you

·
Registered
988 Posts
someone like that might get violent dont want to see you floating downstream on the nightly news

LOL. That's some funny stuff. May be I'm just a sick kinda of guy with one helluva sense of humor.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
hi i was just wondering what you caught the wipers on at the outlet, i caught a 18 and 20 inch rainbow awhile back there in the outlelt, sorry to hear about your tires, people at jackson are so dumb, i hate when other people like to acuse because they cant find there stuff, when actually it was probley in his tackle box

F

·
0 Posts
what a bitter old man .....to bad ...there is always gonna be a$$holes no matter where you go ....

·
Registered
152 Posts
about how far is jackson from boulder??? and is there any free access?? might be time for a little venture.....

·
Registered
988 Posts
Jackson is about 1 1/2 hrs from Boulder. You can fish almost any where you can walk except the campimg area, unless you camp.

I've caught most of my wipers there on silver and blue rattletraps. Mainly trolling along the dam and camp ground area. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
D_Mac - Man that is a bummer what happened to you. I would be irate!! If you see him again you should walk up to him, remind him of your truck tires, and throw his but in the lake.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
D_Mac...

Sorry to hear about such a cruddy day. I would hate for that to happen. Hopefully, the ol' guy gets the karma check. At least you weren't skunked that day... Annnnnnnd, at least your tires weren't slashed... Am I right, did I even read that right? The tires were deflated and not slashed, correct?

Anyhow, things happen, man. Too bad you couldn't catch him in the act and then REALLY take his power bait LOL!! Them tires would cost him at least a few hundred jars of power bait... And a hefty property damage ticket in court.. Hence, more jars of power bait.

Better luck tomorrow, eh. Hopefully, you'll have some good fishing to come so you can get your mind off of that incident.

1eyeReD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts