Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and a friend thought we would go to the west end of the lake and we caught a few small walleye and i caught 3 wiper over 18 inches the rangers said its been real slow and it was but the wiper i caught were nice i caught them on shrimp i post a couple pics when my brother gets home

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Great looking fish. West end of the lake? By the marina? Convenient store? I've only fished the damn, marina, and east end? Haven't been to Jackson in awhile...used to be my favorite fishing spot. Maybe it's coming back!!!!!! Regular ol' grocery store shrimp? Awesome.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for the informations guys. I was planning on going this week but will wait a bit now. Two years ago I fished May 7th, according to my log, and caught a dozen or so wiper out of a boat between two of us. Didn't keep any but I guess it hasn't warmed up enough yet? I didn't log the water temp back then, will next time. The wiper two years ago were only 14 to 16 inches, not like the ones you caught.

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
AHHH!!!! I hate seeing wiper on a stringer. They are sterile fish!
Dont worry they will make more...they traded walleye eggs with Texas again this year for more wipers...

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
jackson used to be my favorite fishing hole back like 3-4 years ago, but it just stopped like a year to two years ago. good to see that they're back

M

·
0 Posts
fishingkats said:
so if wiper are sterile fish do they have a fake spawn
Yes - they should be doing their fake spawn any week now. At North Sterling they'll run up the back bays this time of year.

·
Registered
70 Posts
We were out on Sun the 7th trolling the west and south around the inlet most of the day. We were able to land this guy around 4:30 using a multi colored meps. good eatin!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts