Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my brother fished jackson in the evening, the outlet was running and we decided to walk down awise, first cast i caught a 16 inch channel cat on a worm, then i fished right were the water was shooting out ended up catching seven rainbows between 15 to 20 inches, the biggest one smoked the powerbait, i saw a little boy catch a wiper on the other side of me on a worm it went about 15 inches, i wanted a wiper by failed, im happy with rainbows fat and healthy from that shrimp in that lake

T

·
0 Posts
Great.  Jacksons sounds promising. I've heard good things about that outlet in the last week. Maybe I will give it a shot this weekend. What time of the day were you fishing there?

Good job!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Thanks for the report. I've been so lazy lately, I kinda just let the bait sit and hoped for someone.. Err... Something to come along and present a bite.  ;D

NICE!

8)
                                       Thanks for the report,
                                          1eyeReD

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man,ive got some pics ill have to post, the ranger i was talking to told me he caught some guys using a baitfish net and they caught some wiper and trout , he told me he issued them a ticket and each fish was a $100.00 fine hefty hefty

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
kokaneeking said:
$100.00 fine hefty hefty
Point I'd like to make to people who don't even care about ethics, rules & such (and I do know some personally): It's not worth it.

For some, it takes a hefty fine to learn.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is there a size limit for wiper at Jackson ?
I have never been there but I have heard good things and it seems like everyone usually catches something.

T

·
0 Posts
D_Mackinaw said:
Is there a size limit for wiper at Jackson ?
I have never been there but I have heard good things and it seems like everyone usually catches something.
I believe it is 15" for wipers. I am not sure about the bag limit. I don't catch much at Jackson or any other Colorado State Parks.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
kokaneeking said:
its 15 inches for the wipers, be careful and have a tape measure that lake is watched very well
In addition to that: It's a 10 fish daily bag limit for wipers that are of length. Everything else is according to the book, but I'm not quite sure about the walleye length limit because I don't target walleye at this lake.

1eyeReD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts