Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a few days off coming up and was thinking about hitting up Jackson. Seems the spring bite should be pretty hot right now. I read the State Parks conditions report, but I really rely more on the current information I can get here.

Does anyone know anything about how the fishing is at Jackson right now? Is the inlet running?

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
127 Posts
Jackson lake is full,the inlet is full but not really running.Talked to a guy that said he caught a few wipers 2 weeks ago...a couple in the 7# range  :eek: Then got skunked last week-end  ??? I think these little storms keep turning them off? But I think they will really bust loose any day now. I live about 10 minutes from there,so I'll be looking for a report when you get back 8)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Don't know if this is much help, but the wife and I fished there yesterday. First time fishing it from a boat. Only caught one 12'' Walleye, no Wiper. With the suface temp. around 60 degrees, you would think the Wiper would be active, but we couldn't get em to bite.
Boy, that lake sure is shallow and feature-less. No structure whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless the inlet is flowing the wiper bite can be tough, and there is structure, I dropped a big rock in 13 feet of water last summer. Now if I can only find it again...........

Dan

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think the only structure there is when the water turns to looking like green pea soup!! After I saw that, I never went back to fish or water-ski. !!!  Jackson is so full of chemicals from irrigation runoff its not funny. Just my opinion tho....

M

·
0 Posts
I don't know the exact GPS coordinates but I know there is a bed of weeds south of the State Wildlife Area. Whenever I find it I mark a ton of fish but I always forget the GPS!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts