Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to beat the blizzard out of Larkspur Thursday morning and just barely got out of my driveway. Then we drove to Jackson Reservoir for the CWA tourney. Thursday afternoon was awful with pouring rain and dangerous waves. Not one boat launched. Friday it was more of the same and I decided not to practice. Glad I did because the teams that did practice got beat to ****! Saturday was a disaster for most of us including myself. Never had a more uncomfortable or lousy day fishing in my life!!! I didn't catch a single fish day one. Sunday started out dead calm and no one was catching anything all morning. I decided to just grind it out shallow and hope the sun would work its magic that afternoon. I finally found them in two feet of water and caught a limit of 11 lbs. To little to late but at least I left not so crushed, lol.

Not sure what to think of Jackson? The weather was so bad it is not fair to judge it this first time. I have never seen so many carp in my life!!!!! I bet we caught over a 100 lbs of carp on Sunday including two probably 20 pounders:mad: We also caught a dozen small wipers that seemed to be everywhere. Hope to get back there sometime when the weather is better!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Sounds like tough conditions Neil. Yeah, they have a bow fishing tournament there every year for carp..I've heard that 5 to 10 thousand pounds are taken out.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Last time I was there a few weeks ago I could not keep from snagging into those carp - with my ultralight set-up it was a real pain. Not sure what to think of that place either??

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
That lake has been carp infested for at least 20 years...you can't troll without snagging carp. Great recreation lake....not so much fun fishing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts