Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think im gonna head out to jackson here in a bit for a mid day skunkfest ...ill let you know how I do

·
Registered
391 Posts
Try the north shore by the parking area.I was out there in a boat a couple weeks ago and didn't catch any thing,but a group were shore fishing there and looked like they had some nice wipers.Good luck,that lake has been tough on me lately!!

lyn

·
Registered
90 Posts
I walked at least a mile of dam pitching lures a week ago in the later afternoon without a bite. When I was leaving at sunset an Asian crew was setting up for the evening on the dam wall. A week before that the outlet "stream" was hot - nice trout and a few cats & walleyes were being caught. The word probably got out on that one though but you could get lucky.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fished they outlet got there around noon I think .....used worms and salmon eggs on one pole ....and crawdad tails and chicken liver on they other ...first cast a 17inch rainbow on a worm ...second cast a monster walleye on a worm(6 incher)...trout were constant but sluggish fighting ....Also caught one that had some nasty infection on its gill plates .......pretty good trip 2 hours and probably 15 fish in the middle of the day....I was also suprised to get my license checked by the game warden ......he said no big ones have been taken out lately and its kinda slowing down ....15 fish 2 hours ..pretty good for me....I wouldnt keep anything out of jackson but lots of fun .....

·
Registered
943 Posts
wow thats a great day in my book

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea it was pretty cool .....nice to see some land without houses planted all over it

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
nice, i caught some cats and rainbows down there awhile back, they always check liscenes there i got use to it, ive been checked before then 5 minutes later i got checked by another ranger kinda weird, did you see any wiper fishingguitars ?

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Grumpa said:
at sunset an Asian crew was setting up for the evening on the dam wall.
Maybe more people should try the nights there. With the cool evenings we've had lately, I would imagine the fish get active at night... Did you talk to these fellas and ask about how they've been doing lately?

1eyeReD

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didnt see any wipers and I was really wanting too..ive never caught a really nice wiper and want to really bad before the end of this year.......Its funny cause I didnt know where my license was for like two months my wife found it this morning along with my arsenal pass......if it would have been yesterday I wouldnt have had my fishing license on me

·
Registered
90 Posts
1eyeRed, after a long afternoon in the hot sun making hundreds of biteless casts along half the length of the dam I was thirsty, worn out, & not in the mood for chit chat. I noticed in passing that my southern cousins looked like they were on familiar turf. Heck, I thought one of them might have been you - Jackson 8/7.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think one day this week im gonna make a night trip up to jackson.......I need a couple big cats before the end of the year

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Grumpa said:
1eyeRed, after a long afternoon in the hot sun making hundreds of biteless casts along half the length of the dam I was thirsty, worn out, & not in the mood for chit chat. I noticed in passing that my southern cousins looked like they were on familiar turf.  Heck, I thought one of them might have been you - Jackson 8/7.
I hear ya... I wish I'd been out fishing, but lately, with the heat and all.... I've become what you'd call "weak". It's ok, you'll eventually make up for that long day out at Jackson.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts