Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my brother fished jackson this afternoon, i couldent believe how nice it was up there no wind, the lake was calm and the fishing was great, we caught over 30 rainbows from stockers to a fat 21 incher , also caught walleye that were pretty small, i still havent figured out those wipers, we fished in the canal and the dam

F

·
0 Posts
how did they fight ...all the rainbows I caught there a week ago were slugish and slow ...probably due to the water temp ....

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i caught the rainbows from shore off the dam by the little white house there, i caught all the rainbows on worms, they were kinda slugish, but the 21 incher fought pretty hard, it was a first jackson was like glass, i was so suprised fish jumping everwhere, trout and carp, i dident see any wiper busting

F

·
0 Posts
does anyone keep anything out of jackson ...i dont think i would keep anything out of there ive caught some nasty lookin bo's and carp out of there with some wierd kinda disease eatting away there gill plates

Y

·
0 Posts
My Wife and I ate two healthy 18" bows out of Jackson back in May....tasted great.... and I am still alive without any wierd diseases...so far.

C

·
0 Posts
I don't keep anything out of there because of the PH level, the same with Barbour Ponds. But I love catching the cats out there!

F

·
0 Posts
Im thinking about heading up tommorow morning before work......I wonder what the water level is like?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I was there on Saturday?one of the worst days on the water I have had in MANY years. A buddy and his 6 year old son headed out at about 8:30. We towed the boat (after staying up until 11:30 fixing the trailer wires our puppy chewed off) and arrived at about 10:45am to a white caped lake, the wind sock was full! After launching the boat we were ready to pull away from the dock when the throttle control locked up. I thought I had this problem cured earlier in the year. I fooled around with it for a few minutes and freed it up. We finally headed to the inlet, at the suggestion of the park ranger. On the way there we hit bottom?hard! After about 15 minutes of trying to get us loose the cables locked up again!! My buddies son was a bit scared (it was his first time on a boat) but they both handled it very well! Just as I decide to get wet and walk the boat loose, we freed up. We figured it was best to not scare the kid any more and headed to the ramp. The boat would only go about 10 miles an hour. I thought maybe some electrical had gotten wet when I was ?fixing? the cables and did not think too much more about it?until I looked in the bilge well. We probably took on 40 gallons of water. Handing the driving duties off to my buddy, I got out my portable bilge pump and started pumping away. Back at the dock I pulled the boat out and removed the plug?it drained for better than 10 minutes. To top it off, my prop is going to need some work now!

After leaving the boat in the parking lot we decided to fish the launch area, as there were some guys catching nice fish there as we were launching\loading the boat. After 3 hours of drowning worms and power bait (it was working for the other guys) and throwing spinners and Repalas, we loaded up and headed home.

It was a long, painful day!!!

F

·
0 Posts
ouch that is a rough day...but at least it was at a lake and not work. I was up there on friday ended up with a couple smaller rainbows and a tiny walleye out ot the inlet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts