Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Went to Jackson on Wednesday 5/04/05 and did really good. Caught plenty of trout, trolling of course. All taken on rattle traps. Ended up throwing back about 4 or 5 trout (over the limit). These guys run big. They were all caught in about 14ft - 17ft in the middle of the lake. HOT day!

No wiper though. That's what I was after anyway. Shore fishers did'nt do to well that day.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Fisher32 said:
Went to Jackson on Wednesday 5/04/05 and did really good. Caught plenty of trout, trolling of course. All taken on rattle traps. Ended up throwing back  about 4 or 5 trout (over the limit). These guys run big. They were all caught in about 14ft - 17ft in the middle of the lake. HOT day!

No wiper though. That's what I was after anyway. Shore fishers did'nt do to well that day.
I heard that! We were there from 06:00 to 12:00. No cigar on the wipers. The inlet is too a little thick in color, tumbleweeds and carp. Saw a guy there in the morning who says he's getting a ton of bites and I figured it was probably just the carp swatting the lures with their tails. I caught one carp on mussel and one on a nightcrawler. Hooked one like 3 by the tail while using Rat-L-Traps and Husky Jerks. Tried the dam, no cigar and then the far end of the park... Still no cigar. Lake was teaming with so much carp, it looked like that was all the lake had. My buddy caught a a rainbow and released the sucker. Good day fishing and terrible day of catching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts