Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started about 7:30 at the inlet and around the Dam nothing. Moved about 8:30 to waypoints I marked last year on May 14th. Trolling into the first point Wham, both rods with wiper. Kept 1 let the other go. Casted back out, trolled 50 feet, another wiper. Let it go until I was up to 6 fish in the boat about 15 min. Went up the lake to the inlet cause this guy I met in the parking lot wanted to catch some wiper. Went back to the north side casted and setup a trolling run bang another wiper. Kept that one. Caught about a dozen or more in the area and the bite shut down for me around 10:30 fished till noon, but only caught 2 between 10:30 and noon. 3 times in the morning I had fish on both rods, but got both fish to the boat once. Most of the fish were clones of the pictures after I kept 2.  I released the rest. Overall I would say it was by far my best wiper day this year.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
NICE!!

Moby!! Welcome to the club! LOL!! Look at that smile! You deserver it man, go on brotha, smile, shout and scream!

Good looking wipers!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Moby, damn nice fish. I am just sitting here nearly crying because I had to spend the day working in the yard. Nice to see a good catch!

Dan

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the lake fishes different depending on the direction of the wind. Last week the wind was from the north and the fish were in a different spot. This week the wind was from the South and the fish were towards the north end. I'm going to try and go again this weekend. Hopefully I'll get Moby back and be able to fish out of a bigger boat. Good luck if you go on Sunday.

[attachment deleted by admin]

E

·
0 Posts
MobyJ said:
I think the lake fishes different depending on the direction of the wind. Last week the wind was from the north and the fish were in a different spot. This week the wind was from the South and the fish were towards the north end. I'm going to try and go again this weekend. Hopefully I'll get Moby back and be able to fish out of a bigger boat.  Good luck if you go on Sunday.
Thanks for the info. So you think the wipers are more active on the windy side of the lake? We'll be out Saturday in a green Starcraft. Say Wassup if you see us.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
EricCO said:
MobyJ said:
I think the lake fishes different depending on the direction of the wind. Last week the wind was from the north and the fish were in a different spot. This week the wind was from the South and the fish were towards the north end. I'm going to try and go again this weekend. Hopefully I'll get Moby back and be able to fish out of a bigger boat.  Good luck if you go on Sunday.
Thanks for the info.  So you think the wipers are more active on the windy side of the lake?
;)

E

·
0 Posts
MobyJ said:
Moby. Thanks for doing that. I appreciate it. I'll let you know how my pa and I do.

Thanks

E

·
0 Posts
We hit Jackson today. The wipers and trout were biting pretty good. :) Biggest was a 7 lb wiper. Trolled bottom bouncers and sprawlers all day. Paid the price when getting the boat out by getting hit by two different boats while my boat was tied to the dock. Bent my kicker's prop up pretty good. :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts