Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else on this forum jam the guitar while they are baitfishing ....for me it combines the two things I love most.....playing guitar and fishing !!!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well when you state that youve just had a no wiper you have to be able to put up with a little harassment ......I just topic busted myself

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i cant carry a tune in a bucket but that would be cool to kick back with your friends make some music and wait for the fish the best music i ever heard was played around a campfire

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
fishinguitars said:
does anyone else on this forum jam the guitar while they are baitfishing ....for me it combines the two things I love most.....playing guitar and fishing !!!
IMO, both of those things require one's TOTAL concentration, not half and half. So the fishing gets done without guitars, without radios, without CD players, and basically without noise of any kind. Pure concentration on fishing. Even if it's bait fishing.

Jamming on the guitar, on the other hand, involves lots of noise, usually with a jug of Jack Daniels, and my wife throwing things down the basement stairs at me if she can't hear the TV.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a Martin Backpacker Guitar that I've taken to the beach in San Diego-- but that was before I fished. Now if I took it to the beach I'd have to pull the strings off of it to use as steel leaders for those toothy saltwater fish. ;D

Other than that, I'm with W.E.. When I'm fishing I like the peace and quiet. I don't like to even use a walkman (or iPod, etc). Just me and nature and the 100 other guys fishing the same lake. That being said, I tend to not bait fish. I'm using lures or flys usually. Maybe I'm a little A.D.D. but I can't just sit there and wait for the fish. The few times I've bait fished, I've had a second rod with lures...

Screemin Reels-- That's my kind of music.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not me for catfishin I get some beer cast out two poles play my guitar and just wait ......this is not an everyday thing probably once a month(i fish everyday) but when I do do it i really enjoy it ......

·
Registered
578 Posts
fishinguitars said:
That sounds like me! 8) Well, up until recently I only had electric guitars and LARGE amps ( 3/4 stack Crate and Full stack Marshall ) so that makes it a little difficult to bring them fishing! But now I have a steel string acoustic and a nylon string classical. I might have to take one of them out sometime.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I jam the air guitar and that's about it. No offense, but I wouldn't like it if I was fishing somewhere and someone was playing the guitar. It wouldn't matter how good they were, it would be just rude. If you are by yourself then I see no harm in it but you should always think about the other fisherman. Maybe I am just getting to old and senile.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont go to put on a concert and when I fish I go to get away from people so usually there isnt anyone around . I would probably enjoy it if i seen someone jam the guitar when they were fishing but its cause the guitar is something I respect and enjoy . But its not like Im going to the damn a jackson and setting up my les paul and marshall just an old acoustic with no one around .

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
My brother and I make up stupid songs to sing while fishing. You bring the strings and we'll sing you a tune. Nothing like 2 grown men singing songs in a boat in the middle of the night.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts