Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple pics from the Poudre River the other day. 16-18" browns were biting good. All fish were caught on a small countdown Rapala in "brook trout" color. Everything was released.
I give it 4 out of 5 afros.  O0 O0 O0 O0
I am getting better at taking pictures of myself with one hand without dropping the camera in the river

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was in the lower part of the canyon but many of the pools I wanted to fish were covered in ice. Each time I found a deep open pool it was a guaranteed fish on the first or second cast. I couldn't catch more than 1 or two fish out of most pools before the rest got spooked and I had to move on.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
nice fish....not bad for a one handed photo shot!

i give you 8.5 afros.... O0

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BigRedFan said:
Nice Pics Ted!  Have you ever tried using a big streamer in the same pools? 
I've thought about it, I have yet to catch a fish that big on a fly rod. I'd like to rig some kind of getup to my vest so that I can carry a fly rod (or spinning rod) strapped to my back while I'm using the other. that way I can switch them out for different stuff. It was so windy on this day that I think trying to cast even a big weighted streamer would have been futile.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
farmer ted said:
BigRedFan said:
Nice Pics Ted!  Have you ever tried using a big streamer in the same pools? 
I've thought about it, I have yet to catch a fish that big on a fly rod. I'd like to rig some kind of getup to my vest so that I can carry a fly rod (or spinning rod) strapped to my back while I'm using the other. that way I can switch them out for different stuff. It was so windy on this day that I think trying to cast even a big weighted streamer would have been futile.
You know if you take both you will always switch to the one you are more comfortable with. But I usually care one of those telescopic poles in my car, for those just incases. It would be something to think about. I also throw them in my backpacks when hiking to that way if where i get to where I'm going and its too windy to fly fish I can toss out the spinning rod.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
nice fish. Good colors on them. The poudre river sounds great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts