Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like Jeff Fischer will not be coming back next season as the Titan's head coach. That's means the Bronco's are not the most disfunctional team in the NFL. A bit late to be parting ways don't ya'll think?



Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,407 Posts
Dont' get it but okay. 17 years is a long time anywhere in todays sports world and especially in the nfl. Betting he takes a year or two off. Guess this means that Vince Young is coming back?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
§limer said:
Dont' get it but okay. 17 years is a long time anywhere in todays sports world and especially in the nfl. Betting he takes a year or two off. Guess this means that Vince Young is coming back?
My guess is that the team was unable to trade VY, thus making the only decision they could. One of the two were gonna go. I think with the CBA lingering, no player can be traded. Not until the new agreement is signed!




Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,509 Posts
hobiecat said:
I don't get the love for Fisher...Six playoff appearances in 17 years...and one losing effort in his only superbowl... ???
I kind of agree...I didnt realize his resume was that skimpy...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,407 Posts
baetisrun1 said:
§limer said:
Dont' get it but okay. 17 years is a long time anywhere in todays sports world and especially in the nfl. Betting he takes a year or two off. Guess this means that Vince Young is coming back?
My guess is that the team was unable to trade VY, thus making the only decision they could. One of the two were gonna go. I think with the CBA lingering, no player can be traded. Not until the new agreement is signed!




Jim
I don't think they could even talk to other teams in specifics about the trade until the trade deadline passes. Usually it's a few weeks after free agency starts. Not sure when the CBA expires though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
hobiecat said:
I don't get the love for Fisher...Six playoff appearances in 17 years...and one losing effort in his only superbowl... ???
Played in the same division as the overrated QB did the only way of making the playoff was win 12 games every year or a wild card
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,182 Posts
Ogerswalleye said:
hobiecat said:
I don't get the love for Fisher...Six playoff appearances in 17 years...and one losing effort in his only superbowl... ???
Played in the same division as the overrated QB did the only way of making the playoff was win 12 games every year or a wild card
Does that make the "overrated" QB good or bad?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top