Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in Colorado.

If you're proud that your region makes the national News 96 nights each year because Fraser is the coldest spot in the nation, you might live in Colorado.

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through May, you might live in Colorado.

If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months Out of the year, you might live in Colorado.

If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you might live in Colorado.

If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of forehead, you might live in Colorado.

If you have worn shorts and a parka at the same time, You might live in Colorado.

If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live in Colorado.

If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in Colorado.

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE COLORADAN WHEN:

1. "Vacation" means going to Denver for the weekend.
2. You measure distance in hours.
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.

4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again.

5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.

6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).

7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave all the doors unlocked.

8. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

9. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

10. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.

11. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.

12. Your idea of creative landscaping is a concrete statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.

13. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.

14. A critter is something you eat.

15. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole shed.

16. You go out to fish fry every Friday.

17. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.

18. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.

19. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly."

20. You actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to all your Colorado friends , and out of State friends as well.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and don't forget -- you go walleye fishing and all you catch is trout

·
Registered
440 Posts
If you're feeling "down...":

When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself.

"If you whistle just to make the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself....you might be a redneck." ::)

·
Banned
487 Posts
"If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in Colorado."

Hmm wonder if he's ice fished much. I find ice fishing to be very exciting actually. Lots of hard hittin action, except with macks it's lots of barely hittin' action ;D.
But on those others, man is he on the money about Colorado. What a flake state we live in. Even though it has it's problems, I doubt I would want to leave. Maybe minnesota, but that's debatable.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Iceintheveins

I was thinking Minnesota as I was reading it too - we don't have Friday night fish frys around here...good Wisconsin/Minnesota thing.

_Colorado

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
_colorado said:
Iceintheveins

I was thinking Minnesota as I was reading it too - we don't have Friday night fish frys around here...good Wisconsin/Minnesota thing.

_Colorado
I know huh... The only Friday night fish fry events I ever gone to are the ones thrown by me and my buds. When I was up in Wisconsin, however, almost every diner and restaurant/bar had a "Fish Fry" sign up and lit! It was crazy! Almost all of those mentioned walleye fish fry. To me, it seemed like walleye or just fish meat period, is a staple out there!

·
Registered
440 Posts
If you're willing to lick a TOAD, just because someone said you could get a psychedelic "high"....you might be a redneck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you have ever trolled from a waverunner, You may be from Colorado.

If you wear long underwear under your swim suit, you may be from Colorado.

When you refer to a beautiful sunset as God showing off his Bronco colors, you may be from Colorado.

If you use your snow blower to clear off the putting green, You may be from Colorado.

If you and your neighbor have snow fights with your snow blower, You may be from Colorado.

·
Registered
440 Posts
If you're fishing the Rocky Mountain Arsenal, and reel in a piece of unexploded ordnance and you think it wise to practice "Catch & Release........you might be a redneck. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Jimmy said:
If you have ever trolled from a waverunner, You may be from Colorado.
Jimmy,

The waverunner/ trolling thing was supposed to be a secret......Please don't tell anyone that I would like to have it camo'd for duck season....   ;D ;D

John

·
Registered
171 Posts
dkooser said:
6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events  (including weddings).
This one is good. It's like a day out hunting with the boys around my work on Casual Friday.

·
Registered
440 Posts
:D

The Associated Press
Updated: 12:43 p.m. ET April 27, 2005BERLIN - More than 1,000 toads have puffed up and exploded in a Hamburg pond in recent weeks, and scientists still have no explanation for what's causing the combustion, an official said Wednesday.

Both the pond's water and body parts of the toads have been tested, but scientists have been unable to find a bacteria or virus that would cause the toads to swell up and pop, said Janne Kloepper, of the Hamburg-based Institute for Hygiene and the Environment.

"It's absolutely strange," she said. "We have a really unique story here in Hamburg. This phenomenon really doesn't seem to have appeared anywhere before."

The toads at a pond in the upscale neighborhood of Altona have been blowing up since the beginning of the month, filling up like balloons until their stomachs suddenly burst.

"It looks like a scene from a science-fiction movie," Werner Schmolnik, the head of a local environment group, told the Hamburger Abendblatt daily. "The bloated animals suffer for several minutes before they finally die."

Biologists have come up with several theories, but Kloepper said that most have been ruled out.

The pond's water quality is no better or worse than other bodies of water in Hamburg, the toads did not appear to have a disease, and a laboratory in Berlin has ruled out the possibility that it is a fungus that made its way from South America, she said.

She said that tests will continue. In the meantime, city residents have been warned to stay away from the pond.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts