Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up there sunday. We were there for about 3 hours. I learned one thing. DON'T I reapeat DON'T go without a boat. There are to many I guess you could call idiots on shore. Throwing rocks in and divers swimming into your line. But now for the report. I caught a 6 inch laker. Saw a couple crusing the shore first about 21 second about 15 or so. Beautiful. Did everyone know that the lake used to be an old volcanoe opening and it is 300 feet deep???

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
I've fished J-son prolly 10 times and know what you mean about the idiots! Theyre thicker than the flies!Jefferson is fun early and late season. Maybe it'll erupt and fry all those idjits.

·
Registered
943 Posts
i fished there earlier this year from shore. never again. it was a nice looking lake but the idiots casting over me and their trash. never again

·
Registered
804 Posts
Thats to bad its getting trashed. I remember how nice it use to be when I was a kid back in the 70s. Not many people and clean.

L

·
0 Posts
hasnt been too bad this year with the boat so far but last year on numerous ocasions i had to wait almost an hour to take my boat out,trying to get people out of the way after they launched there boats was pathetic. by the way dont know about being a volcano but its only 160 feet at the deepest point.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
JohnnyO19 said:
I've always heard its pretty tough getting up there. I'd think that'd keep the ya-hoos away.
Tha'z what I thought, but even ya-hoos have trucks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
fished it this winter via snowmobile, 15" and better lakers all day. I thought it was just a spoof, but when we were coming out on our sleds there was a couple in a honda prelude buried above the rocker panels trying to get up to the lake? they made it about 50 yards past all the trucks and trailers that had stopped to unload, I would have taken that as a sign?

L

·
0 Posts
its a long!!!! walk ,did that a few times hope to never do it again. last winter late they close the gate just after the pay station . guess they got tired of all the people getting stuck. i for one burried my four wheel drive about a half mile from the lake that was a 400 dollar mistake. trust me as far as walking the last mile is not fun verry steep as you can tell in the summer but walking with ice fishing gear at 10000 feet well hope somebody your with knows cpr

·
Registered
391 Posts
Funny,i also got stuck headin up to the lake last spring.It wasnt bad until about a mile away.Got stuck and got pissed and tore my reverse out.So like $200 for the tow,5 mile walk out and $1200 for a transmission.Needless to say i dont try that lake until June anymore.

lyn

1 - 13 of 13 Posts