Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how Jefferson is? I'm taking my boys fishing and we are renting a snowmobile.

Thanks

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Im kicking myself for not renting a sled to do that. I dont wanna tear my own sleds up!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
the wind blows snow off the first section in patches, and the last mile or so can be raw pavement and huge drifts to the drop below.

·
P I K E
10,111 Posts
also Williams Fork which we do see all the time!!!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
really? seems like they really cracked down last 2 years, unless operator has handicap CDPW tags. granted im not up there every day. but i havent seen a sled on there in years.

I see one or 2 every year.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Went up once with sleds, had sparks a flying from the pavement! A couple of times had to get close to the edge, to stay on the snow, nothing like a steep drop off to get the heart pumping :eek:

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
WF is my go to lake for ice and I haven't seen sleds up there for years. Haven't even seen tracks on the lake from sleds. Pikester you sure you weren't at Granby :)

·
P I K E
10,111 Posts
YEP! Sure you weren't snow blind?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm on the fence, about applying for the Sled HC permit for WF. Someone said I would be the only one allowed to ride it out, take gear out, but then have to take the sled off the lake and walk back out. I know where the buddy always wants to fish, but if there was much snow I wouldn't be able to make that distance, if that's the case.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I'm on the fence, about applying for the Sled HC permit for WF. Someone said I would be the only one allowed to ride it out, take gear out, but then have to take the sled off the lake and walk back out. I know where the buddy always wants to fish, but if there was much snow I wouldn't be able to make that distance, if that's the case.

I looked into this a couple of years ago. Got the application at the Parks office at 11 Mile but then got my knee fixed so I dropped it. But it wasn't going to be that big a deal. They are supposed to be assisting the disabled, not throwing up barriers, right? Your standard handicap placard is easy to get, if you don't have that. Besides that they do want you to get a permit for your machine through CDW. You don't have to take your sled or ATV off the lake, but you are correct that they don't allow you to drive out a non-disabled buddy on your machine unless he also has his paperwork. I would encourage you to go through the steps to get whatever paperwork you need to keep on fishing! 8)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts