Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 1 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,771 Posts
I'm on the fence, about applying for the Sled HC permit for WF. Someone said I would be the only one allowed to ride it out, take gear out, but then have to take the sled off the lake and walk back out. I know where the buddy always wants to fish, but if there was much snow I wouldn't be able to make that distance, if that's the case.

I looked into this a couple of years ago. Got the application at the Parks office at 11 Mile but then got my knee fixed so I dropped it. But it wasn't going to be that big a deal. They are supposed to be assisting the disabled, not throwing up barriers, right? Your standard handicap placard is easy to get, if you don't have that. Besides that they do want you to get a permit for your machine through CDW. You don't have to take your sled or ATV off the lake, but you are correct that they don't allow you to drive out a non-disabled buddy on your machine unless he also has his paperwork. I would encourage you to go through the steps to get whatever paperwork you need to keep on fishing! 8)
1 - 1 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.