Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
headed out to Jefferson with a couple of buddy this morning, we left around 5am and didn't get to the lake till like 8. We drove up the road entail we got stuck so we hike the rest of the way up there, man what a hike and man did it have some killer wind up there. When we got to the lake it only had about 1in of ice on the lake, man what a bummer, so we had to turn around and hike back to the car. The road up there had about 3ft of snow on it, so off to G town we go. Got there at 11 fish till like 2, we fish on the big lake and we did pretty good. The ice on gtown was like 3in on the main lake in some spots and about the same on the small one.

Going up to jefferson

Hiking up the road

More hiking

My cuzz so tire that he had to take a break

The wind up at jefferson, look at the snow drifts.

G town

All in all it was a good day, to bad we didn't get on to the lakers today.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
catfishking said:
that sucks werent you guys at gander mtn last night
yea that was us at gander, we went out there to buy some laker bait, but they ran out.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
FISH ON!

Nice! Great pictures, especially the 2nd and 3rd from the last. Makes me wish I was walking on water right now.. Did G-Town feel like summer after the trek to Jefferson?

Thanks for the report

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
James said:
FISH ON!

Nice! Great pictures, especially the 2nd and 3rd from the last. Makes me wish I was walking on water right now.. Did G-Town feel like summer after the trek to Jefferson?

Thanks for the report
Sup James how you been? yea it felt like winter at jefferson and summer at gtown that crazy. i wish that jefferson did have safe ice out there, all that walking for nothing. Have you been on ice yet?

·
Registered
460 Posts
hell no the hike was a pain in the a$$. wiperslayer only got half ways. we went the full way and dig 2 holes and ice was thin as hell. but saw a few nice fish swiming near shore. but they did not come back.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Way to make the effort guys! You never know with Jefferson -- could have been epic! :) Thanks for the report. Maybe try with snow machines in a couple of weeks. . .

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
wiperslayer said:
James said:
FISH ON!

Thanks for the report
Sup James how you been? yea it felt like winter at jefferson and summer at gtown that crazy. i wish that jefferson did have safe ice out there, all that walking for nothing. Have you been on ice yet?
I have, but only once.. :( My wife works 3 of the next 4 Sundays (meaning I'll have the kids which means very little fishing..) So keep your reports coming, at least i can look at ice pictures :-\

1 - 14 of 14 Posts