Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught 8 Rainbows and Lakes yesterday. They were only bitting when the sun was out. Using a variety of bait sitting on the bottom at around 13-17' up to 4' down with a bobber. I caught a 19" Lake and a buddy got a 17". The rainbows were all small 8-13".  Threw them all back but the two biggest Lakes.
;D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re: Jefferson Res 6/25

pescadorutah said:
Were you in the small little bass boat? I was there too same results. I did n't have time to post too busy fishing. It was a beautify day there I love the view.
Yep, that was us. Hopefully we weren't making too much racket ;D My brother and another buddy were in a boat pretty close to us. We sat in the intlet the better part of the day and trolled the deeper parts when the weather moved in.

I agree, Jefferson is beautiful and the fishing was excellent.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I also agree it is a really nice place. We should have stayed the night and tried it again on Sunday.

·
Registered
943 Posts

do not fish from shore. i fished there on sunday between 6:30 and 8:00. all of these people crowded next to meand kept casting over me. i hope to get a boat one day otherwise i am thinking about giving up fishing in the summer

·
Registered
90 Posts

Where were you fishing? By the boat ramp?

We didn't see too many people down by the inlet (less than 5). It does look like fairly long hike from the parking lot, however. If I were fishing from shore, I think I would make the hike to the inlet or western shore.

The fishing areas to the east and west of the boat ramp did look pretty crowded when we were there on Saturday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts