Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the trek up to Jefferson Lake this past week with my son and two of my granchildren. What a beautiful setting for a high mountain lake. My 12 year old grandson caught his first ever Mack and I had a few small rainbows.
The most disturbing thing about our trip though was the garbage. I always carry a small plastic bag in my fish jacket to carry out cans and junk left by non-thinking people.
I would have needed a couple 55 gallon drums to clean up the 300 yards or so of streamside I fished going around to the South side of the lake!!
How can (anglers??) people be so absolutely piggish. Fishing line, beer and soft drink cans, lure wrappers, piles of cigarette butts, it was and is totally disgusting.
I believe we all need to pull together and pitch in to keep our lake and streamsides pristine. It really doesn't take a lot of effort and it makes the overall experience much more enjoyable. We picked up what we could carry but there is still a lot of garbage all over the lakeside.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would join in helping to clean up. It breaks my heart to see how filthy some people can make a beautiful place like Jefferson.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be back in town again from July 27 thru August 10th and would be more than willing to supply bags and transportation to the Fairplay dump with the garbage collected. If we can get a small group together or a large group and figure out a day that works I'll pay for the disposal fee also. MAYBE, if some people see us doing a clean-up, it will wake them up a bit.
Post your thoughts and let's do a clean-up.
My e-mail is [email protected] or [email protected].

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
I think places need to quit being so PC...and post some more startling signs...like...You people are a bunch of pigs...pick up after yourself!...and ruder!!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
i agree zman. Along with being rude add on a heavy fine like $200 that is strictly enforced. I know nobody here litters their cancer sticks though cause we are all good people.

·
Banned
487 Posts
zman said:
I think places need to quit being so PC...and post some more startling signs...like...You people are a bunch of pigs...pick up after yourself!...and ruder!!!
I think rude signs, and large fines and points against your license are in order. Five points for littering and a $200 fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts