Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics of the new fellow icer. Watch out,.. fish, bait, and food stealer if your're not watching. Much like the famous Green Mtn. fox.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
littlemac said:
beautiful. how was the fishing? how is the road going up?
Hey, Glen. Despite all the reports on both forums,..none of the three gates are locked. I would, however, STRONGLY recommend not going past the 2nd gate with truck. One could go another 100 yds or so, but why risk it and a $200 tow out? Oh, well.
Ice 7-8 inches in most places. Again, take a couple of the 14-16 inch lakers for a tasty supper. Lots of them in there.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
thanks, 200$ tow out would be cheap ,i paid twice that six years ago. thinking of headed up next week. is the road all snow past second gate? trying not to ruin my sled any more.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pm sent. Pics taken by LakerAngler, who is one of the best mack catchers I know, and had a hell of a teacher.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hubby fed her both lake trout and suckers. Pretty friendly foxy. She came within about 5 feet of hubby and George. A lot like the girl at Green Mtn.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
fishingal said:
Hubby fed her both lake trout and suckers. Pretty friendly foxy. She came within about 5 feet of hubby and George. A lot like the girl at Green Mtn.
Thats pretty cool, suckers and lake trout "its whats for dinner", What is a hubby??? :-\

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Healthy looking fox. Great pics! No shooting allowed at Jefferson Lake, sign on the way in. (Just thought I'd mention that for the guys who posted crosshairs over your last fox pics). :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Nice girl Ed. I thought you were more interested in the Beavers a little lower in the Ponds.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ice fisher said:
Nice girl Ed. I thought you were more interested in the Beavers a little lower in the Ponds.
Now that got me laughing. You know how I feel about beavers, the animal kind. A sharp stick in the thigh, chewed to a needle point from one of them, and a $1000 emergency trip to the ER ,will do that to a guy.
This beaver I can like. ;D

·
Registered
516 Posts
We were up there 4 years ago. Wind came up, and blew us and half our gear across the ice. Never went back. Nice pics of the foxy lady.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts