Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was too busy on the road today to call the general store.... does anyone know the status of the lake or the road for that matter? if i don't get called tomorrow morning, I might go up there and give it a shot as per tradition...

before you bust my chops about where i posted this at..., I figured that because of the crazy weather... it's probably still ice. if so, i'll bring an auger. thanks in advance to anyone who knows.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:

Jefferson lake is completely capped. The first gate is open, the 2nd gate is not.... With a crapload of snow up there. Guess I'm going somewhere else to fish today.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Damn totally crazy

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Sweet. They'll be hungry at Ice-off! I just may try it again this year.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet. They'll be hungry at Ice-off! I just may try it again this year.

gonna try it on tuesday for my birthday... getting up at 4 in the morning, driving up with all gear in tow from ice to open water. if its locked up, it'll be rad to have a june ice fishing session!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I don't know that I'd trust the ice. Edges were opening up and fish seen jumping last week. Upper gate still closed when I was there Tuesday. Road was clear to the parking lots, those will need to be plowed before they open the gates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts