Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got up to the lake around 7:30. still a tib bit nippy and the wind was blowing like a hooker on colfax. but you gotta do what you gotta do.
the lake is still iced over....pry 98% but still had a little open ice. maybe 15 yards of open ice and thats only on the eastside.
fish are hungry and i had action most of the day...
although my two partners (wife and my homie) had lil luck......Skunked.
I caught 6 bows......between 10 1/2 and 12 1/2.
i had luck on worms and eggs

T

·
0 Posts
Re: jefferson lake

larryT said:
got up to the lake around 7:30. still a tib bit nippy and the wind was blowing like a hooker on colfax. but you gotta do what you gotta do.

:D :D :D ;D

Was that notion base on experience? JK ;D

·
Registered
37 Posts

Are the gates open or did you hike in. How thick is the ice? I was up there 2 weeks ago but it was locked.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

fishbum said:
How were the streams in South Park? Is Michican Creek fishable?
not to sure about south park or michican creek.......
sorry

BIG WORM said:
Are the gates open or did you hike in. How thick is the ice? I was up there 2 weeks ago but it was locked.

also for the gates......they were OPEN.
the ice was maybe 6 inches. couldn't throw a rock through some parts but other parts u could.

D

·
0 Posts
larryT-

Were you able to drive all the way to the lake? (I'm not familiar enough with the area to know from your pic whether it was at the lake or on the road on the way in.) Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I arrived about 7:00pm on 5/22/06, ice off about done. It was 80% clear by 2:00pm Tuesday. It was windy, cold, but best day I've ever had. Never before caught more than 40 on a fly rod, and I can't even cast. Most just small rainbows, but 5 or 6 were day making fish. The ice blew into the ramp by late day, a little tough for returning boats. I'll get back there, but maybe not before fall. Please leave a couple in the water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts