Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about heading up on Sunday. I've got to put my new Pro together tommorrow. How much snow is up there? Can you still drive in most of the way? Gonna try putting studs in the Rokon tires instead of chains this year. Hope it works a little better. Any reports (please).
Dan

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
dan youll be limited to how far you can get even with studded tires.theres a lot of snow up there this year id say your going to park several miles away. dont do what i did last year and get stuck . the tow bill out is outrages. it would be best if you have a snowmobile.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
DanDANthefisherman said:
Thinking about heading up on Sunday. I've got to put my new Pro together  tommorrow. How much snow is up there? Can you still drive in most of the way? Gonna try putting studs in the Rokon tires instead of chains this year. Hope it works a little better. Any reports (please).
                                                 Dan
Dan i had to park right where we did last year when I walked in with my buddy. That is about 3 miles away. It was typical on the road, some deep drifts (12-15") adn then a couple of spots whre you cold see the gravel.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Good luck Dan. Let us know how it is. Sure wish I could get up there myself today. I love that lake (when I don't hate it.) ;D be safe! Looney

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
12" of good ice. Windy as always. Caught 19-20 Macs. 2 that were 20" and the rest 12-16". It was just plain good to get on the ice. Drove to within 2 miles of the lake and then the trusty Rokon got me the rest of the way. The new Pro worked great.
Dan

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
DanDANthefisherman said:
12" of good ice. Windy as always. Caught 19-20 Macs. 2 that were 20" and the rest 12-16". It was just plain good to get on the ice. Drove to within 2 miles of the lake and then the trusty Rokon got me the rest of the way. The new Pro worked great.
                                                                                            Dan
Dan:

That is great news! Were you the lone souls out there? Do you plan anymore trips there? Glad you did well!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Dan,
Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for the shovel. I would have been there for a while, if you didn't come along. I went to 11-mile on Monday, I left by 11:00am I did very well.
Talk to ya soon

Eddiekid

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No problem Eddie. Did you exchange your 4-stk Auger for a 2-stk ? Going to try the Fork this weekend. My Buddy in Kremling says its froze, but it looks a little iffy!. Might just try for Pike over near 3-Rocks. Later,
Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dan
I did exchange the strikemaster sticklite 4 cycle and went with the strikemaster 5 blade 2 cycle. Tristan my son wants me to take him somwhere in the moning. Might try Jefferson and just take the sled, got to talk to Rob first. Lets plan a trip to Wyoming 4 some eelpout. Let me know

good luck on the Fork and stay safe!

Ed

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
DanDANthefisherman said:
Thinking about heading up on Sunday. I've got to put my new Pro together .

Dan, let me know how long it takes, I've got to put one together too.

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
Hey Dan dan,several of us are going to Boysen on MLK weekend. Perch,wally's and burbot are what I'm aiming for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts