Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me approximately when ice out occurs on this lake?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Ed. Can you give me any other local information on this area? I enjoy fly fishing but my wife is strictly a spinfisher. She cannot climb a great deal so tough canyons etc. are not a possibility when she's with me. Any information is appreciated. We will be in Colorado from 4/12-4/24 and based in the Jefferson/Como area.
Bill :)

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Reason why I know about the start date is I found out the hard way. I went up there late April last spring, they had a chain across the road about a mile from the lake. I parked the truck and hiked up there and the lake was still frozen so my trip was for naught. If you're in that area I'd recommend Spinney Mountain and 11 Mile for trout and pike, also the river in between those two and above Spinney. Ed

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have been turned around there plenty of times at or on memorial day weekend, I would almost have to guess 1st week of June, and at 11,000+ feet, there is no air to breathe if you are inclined to walk it, As Ed said, goto Spinney, 11 Mile, and the river in between

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the information, Thank you both very much.
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts