Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been up to Jefferson Lake yet? I know it openend fairly late last year but was wondering what the current status is?
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Late last year? Previous years it didn't fully ice out until mid june. Last year we were up there over memorial day and there was no ice at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see people up there same time this year.

·
Registered
154 Posts
How is the fishing at the lake anyway. I only had a chance to fish the creek and beaver ponds before a storm moved in.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Eolus, I have always had good luck at Jefferson. Never anything great but never a skunk. I've fished from shore about 6 times while camping and had good luck for bows and cuts. Even landed a Mac from shore. That was an oddity! Anyway its a cool park to camp and fish.

>:D

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
it really is a great park. It can get quite busy sometimes, but usually it is a nice place. But take up some sucker meat. Those lakers can be taken from the shore, and they are a blast!

·
Registered
674 Posts
A couple of years back me and a few of my friends fished it after ice off and did awesome. In about a two week period we caught tons of lakers in the 18 inch range but we also caught 6 lakers that were pretty good size. The smaller of the six was 10 lbs and the largest was 40" and weighed 23lbs. I'll see if I can find some pics to post. They were kinda unexpected and we were a little out matched using our 6 foot light action rods with 6 lb test but it sure was fun hearing that drag sing. Didn't catch any big ones last year but the 18 inchers were really fat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts