Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean South Park. Oh, what the hell, not many people there, and most fishing shore. My good friend Chris (ice fisher) and I floated the lake today. Our other good friend Jeff (jclay), bagged out. Wtf? Sock drawer needed shifting? Leaves needed to be raked?. J/k Jeff, love ya. You would have had fun today. Chris and I both over 20 fish apiece, lakers had the feed bag on. Found (actually Chris did), a good spot, 45-55 fow that the fish were in. Didn't move much, since they kept us occupied. Most everthing worked, one of those days. Chartruese, white glow tubes, fuzz-e-grubs, even snap-jigging a spoon. Floating Jefferson in November. Priceless!
Ice will come a little later this year, I fear. Last year, we were on the ice the day after Thanksgiving. Road up was a little ice-packed, but doable. Water temp at surface,...39.8 degrees. :eek: Thanks for wools socks, and thermals. ;D Bluebird day, little wind to contend with. A few pics, please enjoy...

Ice fisher on his tube,..notice the ghost of big fish lost hanging over his head, very hard to photograph usually.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Re: Jefferson lakers 11/6/10

Nice job guys. Sorry I couldn't make it. I had to hand-soak my thong underwear! Just kidding. Can't wait until the ice is on! :) Time to order my new hut.

j

·
Registered
2,749 Posts

Love the pics! You guys are fishing ma-chines! There are only a few days like that up there in any given year, and you hit it right, again. :) These pics will help you remember those conditions in a month or so when you manage to make it up there and the weather comes up and blows your all your gear to Lake George! ;D

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

Nice report and pictures Ed. Good job taking advantage of the great fall weather and getting into some nice lakers.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

Good job guys! Its good to hear Icefisher is catching allot of fish this season :)

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I appreciate it.
We kept 4, nice sub-17 inch fish. I'm no biologist, but like I have mentioned before, taking a few of these smaller lakers might help this fishery a little. They are abundunt, and fight aggressively for food. The bigger ones, over 20 inches, have no problem with food, with all the stockers in there, and are tougher to target, (but fun to catch! And we have caught some nice ones.), but the smaller ones compete for food. No need to keep anything over 20 or 22, the small ones are tasty! Your choice, but selective harvest is good, enjoy this great fishery,.. if you like catching rainbows, there are plenty to keep one happy. Most people have fun at this lake, and it is always a pleasure to fish it.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

albow said:
These pics will help you remember those conditions in a month or so when you manage to make it up there and the weather comes up and blows your all your gear to Lake George! ;D
You got that right!

jclay0429 said:
Nice job guys. Sorry I couldn't make it. I had to hand-soak my thong underwear! Just kidding. Can't wait until the ice is on! :) Time to order my new hut.

j
That scares me!

Stan6 said:
Good stuff Ed and Chris..Itching to hit the ice with you fellas again! ;D
Looking forward to it.

Jörmungandr said:
I figured the road was melted... last week it was pretty s*itty. probably will be a different story after this week.

glad you got into fish!
Will get worse!

Rad said:
Good job guys! Its good to hear Icefisher is catching allot of fish this season :)
He's getting better every year. He may outfish me this year. Nah! Unless it's rainbows :D

U's2Btwistertail said:
Nice report and pictures Ed. Good job taking advantage of the great fall weather and getting into some nice lakers.
discloco said:
Nice job guys!
Thanks Ray and dl.

James said:
Real Nice! Love the ghost fish pic :D I need to get my float tube out again..

Good meeting and fishing w/ you this fall Ed!
Love the Dreadwing logo! ::)

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LakerAngler said:
How big was the fish from the first picture? It looks like a fairly big laker..
It was,..got off. Tip,.. try not to photograph a fish, before it is in the net. :-[

IceInTheVeins. said:
Any macks of any size?
No, not really.

·
Registered
509 Posts
That damn ghost has been haunting me for years! Now it's time for me to tell him AMF (adios mo fo)
What an awesome day up there, Macs with the feed bag on, very light wind, float tubing in November!! Another fun day out with Ed, the MacDaddy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts