Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The wife is setting me loose for a full day of fishing on Saturday. I am thinking about going somewhere new... I have never been to Jefferson.

Is there good shoreline access for Lake Trout? Or am I better off manning up in that cold ass water and bringing my float tube...

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Often times you will see the lakers herding stocker bows from shore. Im thinking you'd have better luck in a floating device.

Rain and snow. Thunder. Breezy. Should be good-

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
That place is a blast!

There IS good shoreline access, but Slayer is right, you'll do better in a floating device that allows you mobility, plus you can vertical jig.

It'd be helpful if you have a sonar for the tube, but good spots from the water are along the whole dam face and the shoreline adjacent to the boat launch area all the way to the inlet.

Post a report post-fishing trip!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. I will bring my floaty tube at least. Whether I use it or not depends on what it is like when I get there. Will be sure to post a report.

Rain and snow. Thunder. Breezy. Should be good-
Hopefully nothing that pushes me off the water, but I am not scared of a little inclement weather. Anymore I seem to catch all my fish after or near a storm.

This morning I went fishing for a bit before work and caught 3 small eyes and one white bass chucking blade baits from shore... Then the sun came out and the bite died instantly...

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
blades for Macs!???your kidding who would have thunk, actually you'd be much better of on your tune cause the shoreline will be really crowded especially around the boat ramp area if your willing to walk you can get away from the crowd but you will still hear a good amount of mariachi music all over the lake.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Kasty's work good up there for both macs and errrr…..stockers :eek: , but anyways they do.

Smaller for stockers, larger for macs.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
my homies killed it last weekend up there fishing from shore for lakers. bummer i missed it... but i had good reason. ill be up there to redeem myself in fall.

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
You and your "Homies" can have that ****=hole, Dave!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
You and your "Homies" can have that ****=hole, Dave!

youre just mad that you probably lost a paycheck's worth of metal in those southeast rocks, which is why you couldnt catch fish! bwahahahahaa

1 - 11 of 11 Posts