Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Jefferson

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  loweboy 
#1 ·
Have never been to Jefferson, but was thinking of heading out there this weekend to give it a try. I know it's a small lake, but has it been pretty good for Lakers for anyone?

Also, does anyone know if there is a day pass fee and what that the cost is?

#5 ·
If you could get past the locked gate where the road from the campground ends and the road to the lake begins.....maybe if you had 44's with lockers, chains and a winch :)

Seriously, they lock the gate to autos (or did the last I knew of), you can run a snowmachine up there, but the road drifts in some places and is bare pavement in others so it's hard on things with tracks designed for snow.

If you want lakers thru the ice I'd look at Green Mountain, Granby or a couple other spots you can get to more easily.

Jefferson is a beautiful place though and I enjoy going there too.

***On a side note a long time ago before they closed stuff down I made a run up there in late December in a 1970 Bronco, heavily modified along with some folks with a full size p/u with 38's, it was a real butt puckering experience and I vowed to never try that again.

#15 ·
Jefferson can be a fun lake, especially the views! I don't mind making the hike as long as they keep the lower gate open. Pulled a 36" Mack out my first time icing it, first and last fish I caught all day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.