Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about a mad house. I think the whole state was at Jefferson today. There was snow everywhere (from yesterday) and it was witch tit cold. I launched the canoe and tried to jig a tube with a worm like 1eyeRed, but didnt get anything. I didnt have any white tubes cause none of the stores here is C/S had any. All i had were semi clear white with sparkles. The wind was whipping me around and it was shoulder to shoulder so i went down to the inlet. Decided to catch some rainbows since i didnt have any action. Caught about 15 or so, kept three just incase a laker showed up. Then after having everyone pissed around me (cause they werent catching anything either) i decided to go home. As i was waiting my turn for the boat ramp, i threw out a worm and "wham", brought it up, saw white spots, and helllooooo, my first laker. Here it is, kinda small, but my first. I was gonna let him go, but changed my mind.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Alrighty!!

I tell you one thing..... It's the best eating trout I've ever had IMO. Right next to brook trout, but with more of a salmon-like flesh which is new to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts