Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading to Jefferson this weekend wit a buddy and his 6 year old sin...anybody have information on the is lake, I have never been there. I am taking my boat if that matters.
Thanks!!
Left_turn56

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Nver fished it in my boat,but on the west side there are all these boulders that go right into the water and it is real deep.Ive done well throwing lures in this area.Do a search on "jefferson" theres been a ton of reports on it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It all depends on what you want to fish for. But at this time of the year, the lakers should be moving into the shallows. The best parts of the lake are around the boat ramp area and all along the shores. It gets deep fast. Within 50 feet of the shore, its pushing 75 ft deep around most parts of the lake.

The "cove"where the boat ramp is located is pretty good, but i always go over to the inlet. It is straight across the lake from the boat ramp. I use either a worm threaded on a hook with a split shot or two for weight then reel it back in, or cast an olive pistol peat with orange at the tip.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for teh information...if the weather is ok, and it is not too cold, we will be there Saturday!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts