Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the warming water the bass are getting active. I caught one yesterday from a small puelo lake that went 5.5 using a X-rap. The key is to let it sit, i repeat let it set as long as you can. And use suspend strips, most jerkbaits out of the package will rise slowly unless you buy one of those lucky crafts baits that cost 20 bucks. Which I refuse to buy. You want catch many fish, but you can gaurantee you want catch any little buck bass. I'm really a rouge fisher but the x-rap has really impressed this winter.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of taking the boat to Pueblo this weekend. Are the boat ramps ice free? It seems I remember someone saying they were recently froze over and closed to boating. Not sure. I know what you mean about the Lucky Craft. I found some at SW for 13.00 and bought one but I can't seem to force myself to pay 20.00. I don't know I am going to try out the $13.00 one and go from there.

:)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ramps are good but the water on the resorvoir is still pretty chilly. I fish the smaller ponds and lakes first cause the sun warms them faster than the resorvoir.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Water temp at Pueblo was just 37-38 this past Monday. Like Mike said, your better off fishing the smaller lakes and ponds this time of year.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Good job on the big fish! This time of year many people feel it is to cold to catch but ice out is one of the best times to catch really large bass. Jig n Pig and suspending jerkbaits rule ice out water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts