Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious of the conditions of stagecoach reservoir, so I took a drive yesterday. There was very little open water at the lake, but ample idiots fishing the tailwater below. Y'all can have that stretch of the yampa, I wont be back! Battled the crowds for a couple hours, resulting in a couple bows on glo bugs, then got sick of people trying to fish the same hole as me, so I headed for a different river. Had almost the whole thing to myself, and hammered the browns on xraps!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice job, throwing jerkbaits for browns in the spring is my favorite, might go to the lower Rado to do just that this weekend.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Other than the peeps on the tailwater section, how was the "improvements" that they did?

Nice job on all the catching you did.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys! Nothing better than a good jerkbait bite!

Other than the peeps on the tailwater section, how was the "improvements" that they did?

Nice job on all the catching you did.
This was actually the first time I had ever fished the tailwater section, so I can't really say how the "improvements" are. There were a lot of areas roped off for revegetation though. It really looks like a great stretch, and the fish were beautiful, but screw the people there! I've fished the fryingpan, blue, and all the popular sections of the platte, and I've never been so disgusted at the other "fishermen".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts