Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry to report I am a jet ski victim. My beloved friend and companion SHimano Speedmaster 1526 MH action,  61/2 ft spinning rod; slayer of thousands of trout , bass, walleye and pike was murdered by Jet Ski Terrorists last week at Smith mountain Res. :'( My most trusted companion of 15 years, was snuffed out in a nano second by ruthless Jet Ski Scum!!!!

My five year old niece and I were fishing off the dock. I was dropping a Senko along the dock and she was fishing for Bluegill. She asked me to bait her hook for her and I set my late companion down on the dock to assist her. The Jet ski Horde appeared out of no where , snagging my line and dragging "Speedy and his trusty side kick Spirex to a 50 foot deep grave :'(  Words cannot decribe my grief ???

The young assassin was quickly apprehended. There is  only one reason he is still alive? He was my 14 year old nephew, LOL.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
LoL.
You threw him off the dock a couple times right?

That was a good story, sorry to hear about your rod.

·
Registered
117 Posts
:( I am deeply sadden to hear of such of a tragedy I will say a few words for your lost friend. good side of it is now you get to get a new companion. James

·
Registered
93 Posts
I miss understood the subject line: Jet Ski Assasin! I was hoping this was a help wanted post that I could apply to fill that position. Sounds like my kind of work. That and "Guy who gets his boat out twice a year and was never taught how to dirve it in the first place Assasin" I will gladly fill either position.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Neal,

Great story and sorry about your friend. So what happens to fishing line when a jetski runs over it? Does it get sucked up the jet and spit out?!?! Or was your line hooked to something else on the jetski and dragged for several yards before it was laid to rest? I'm sorry to dig in to the details of how your pal bought it, but I can't help but wonder...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I knew? I turned around and saw it slide off the dock then dissappear into the depths :'(

·
Registered
344 Posts
People who buy jet ski's and ride them should have to take a class and get a license. I see alot of them that have no idea what is going on. It really is sad how many people buy those stupid things and have no common sense about how to operate them. BAN ALL JET SKI'S IN COLORADO. :p

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is no excuse for Jet skiers not to be curtious to anglers! There is no reason both groups can't coexist. I had never been on one before this trip. There is nothing to it! Five minutes after learning how to start one, I was going 50 mph and turning on a dime! It was alot of fun! There is no excuse for not staying out of the path of anglers!!!!

In Virginia you have to pass a online test and print out the certificate if you are under 18 years old. A good idea I think.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
sounds like you need a SAR team anyone up there with diving gear or maybe go back and drag the bottom with some "snagging trebels" ive recovered a rod after a few weeks on the bottom in saltwater tore it down as soon as it came up cleaned her up, a little lube and she was ready for the next 15 years

1 - 14 of 14 Posts