Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the rest of you guys use for jigs, what is the best in your opinion, I use strike king and have been very pleased with them, any thoughts?

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
My favorite bass jigs are....

Jewel Jigs....Conquistidor Jigs...Strike King.

All in that order.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, anybody else have any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
My dad pours mine, LoL.  Pretty sure he uses gamatsku (butchered spelling?) hooks on most, not positive though. I know that's not much help, but if you use a lot of jigs it might be worthwhile to look into pouring your own :)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Custom made jigs from Don Speas..........aka............Falcon tackle. They are the only jigs I use.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Most of the commercially available jigheads are poured with marginal hooks (especially in the larger sizes), so I started pouring my own with Owner and Gamakatsu hooks.

I like to support local businesses and would love to buy Eagle Claw. Hammer, I sure wish you guys would make a true premium quality jig hook comparable to the Owners and Gamakatsus.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I use the cheapest bass pro jigs I can find. Enticers when they are on sale for a buck and uncle bucks no rattle models. I cant remember losing a fish on cheapo jigs in 25 yrs of bass fishing. When a bass take a jig its pretty much screwed!

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Wanzek (on this site) makes the best jigs I have seen and I have used a lot of jigs. He has some with larger premium hooks with a larger gap in lighter weight sizes. They absolutely rock.

I also know the ones that Don In Denver makes for lakers cant be beat. I am sure Bernie makes some bad mo fo's too...

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
zman said:
Wanzek (on this site) makes the best jigs I have seen and I have used a lot of jigs. He has some with larger premium hooks with a larger gap in lighter weight sizes. They absolutely rock.

I also know the ones that Don In Denver makes for lakers cant be beat. I am sure Bernie makes some bad mo fo's too...
Picked up a few cranks from Wanzek...saw the jigs and they looked Bada**!!!

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
chuckphlegm said:
zman said:

Picked up a few cranks from Wanzek...saw the jigs and they looked Bada**!!!

Scott makes the best looking ones.

And they work. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey DBM, Ive been wanting to try vertical lures jigs for awhile, were do you get yours? Is there a retailer near by?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts