Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope this give you guys, cut and Don an idea about jiggers, the white spool travel eliptical and the rod ends up pumping about 1 ' , the more action probably the better I just did not want a long pole to drag around. I will connect 2-3 sets of cowbells up with a wieght on the bottom.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I shall be eternally grateful to you for posting this picture. It's different than I had imagined, and the mechanism more compact than what I would have made on my own. Is the pole a piece of electrical conduit? If so, you could extent it with a smaller or larger diamter piece that telescopes from this one, and still keep the overall size compact for dragging around.

Thanks again. :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they pole is aluminum, but yeah a telescope pole would work great, like I said to Don earlier get creative all you want it something to pump the bells.....have fun.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Just went to the inlaws for a small christmas thingie and they bought me a tip-up called the "jig-up". Basically its an automatic jigging tip up. I couldnt find it online, but I'm sure they bought it somewhere in Pueblo since they live in Ordway. Anyways I'm posting it to show the simplicity of the design, its ran off 2 D cells and if you made the jiggin machine the same way it would be pretty simple.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I like the idea of the jig-up. Some kind of piston that pumps the spring-loaded arm of the tip-up up and down. Can't see how they drive the piston from that picture, though. It would be a nice stand-alone tip-up, but to draw kokes in with a string of cowbells, it would need to have more vertical motion, I think.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
A longer shaft and a bigger spring would do it I think... I posted it for an idea, since it looked pretty simple to me. Trail and error is going to be your best method to pin down the feel you want.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I plan to put a lot of room for adjustment into my design. I don't like building things one way, only find out they work better another way that I can't achieve with the current design. When I get around to making one, I'll post a picture. I want it to jig at at least two speeds and to be adjustable to jig from 1 ft. to at least 2 ft. up and down. We'll see what I come up with.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
how about a small vaccum pump then? design it with air pressure? Then you can have more then 2 speeds depending on how good the vaccum pump can move a piston.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts