Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A contractor for my property told me there is certain models of older vehicles that I should look for to get the windshield wiper from for my jiggin machine.
Any suggestions, and do you just mount the wiper to a box and wire it to the battery? I'm sure its not too hard,but would like some info.

·
Registered
117 Posts
we used a backwindshield of a mazda mp3 for ours. bought a $4 switch at walmart, wired it to a12v motorcycle battery all inside a milk box.

The guy at the junkyard said the best type motor to use for jiggin is a "single oscillating motor". He said they are commonly used on back windshields of minivans, suvs. hope this helps

·
Registered
135 Posts
I built one a couple years ago using an electric car window motor (12 v) and a wire pole holder with a 6 v battery to slow it down. still have the origional battery.

I put a common home window crank on the motor and designed it to pick up the wire holder then drop it and pick it up again.

Its amazing, the things you come up with while the fish aren't biting. LOL

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
you guys should post pictures of these things, I'd like to see them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
it can be real basic, the 6 volt as mentioned to the wiper motor mounted to a small piece of ply, spot weld or liquid solder a coat hanger to the stem coming out of the motor .
the coat hanger is bent at different to rest your rod depending on what kind of jigging action you want ,
sort of like a irregular camshaft .
but like most gadgets and comforts , ya drag it stuff out there and never use it :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts