Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I typically use the Northland Gumball Gami jigs. The hooks are extremely sharp and they have the double lip to keep the plastic on which is nice but they are not very cost effective. $5 for three of them or something like that

I was just at BPS and according to the guy, they don't carry them anymore. Either he was wrong or I could not find them. I wouldn't be surprised with either.

Anyway, just curious what everybody else uses. Looking at exploring my options.

Thanks!
-Matt

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Matt,

I fish a lot of shad type bodies especially the 4 and 5 inch berkley ripple shad...I like these...they are longer for the shad type bodies...a wide gap, sharp and the bottom wire holds the plastic bait well...dont miss many fish with them...use a ton of the fathead color in 3/8 and 1/4 oz...a little cheaper at 4 for $4...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/VMC-reg-Neon-Moon-Eye-Jig/1299785.uts?productVariantId=2804892&searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Dmooneye%252520jigs%26CQ_st%3Db

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Just in the last couple weeks I've started using these. I was missing a ton of fish with my go to Northland FireBall jigs.

I got them at Sportsman, I think they were like $2.99 a pack.

Pulled a 5lbs smallie

And a 6.5lbs rainbow with no issues.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
I use the cheap plain leadhead jigs. Seem to work just fine.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just like WS has, Rics Jigs. The ones with the wire to hold on to bait. I can only find em at sportsmans also.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome. thanks. Ill do some investigating.

WS thats a big ass smallie. good for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts