Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my girlfriend got her fishing license today so we had some time and went down the street to jim baker res. fished from 5:30 til about 6:45pm. the DOW report said it might be good. she caught a small (8"ish) LGM bass on a rainbow rooster tail from the second point from the east side on the north side of the res. she then proceeded to snag a stick which had line, sinker, and a hooked carp on it. never seen it happen before like that, but i am sure it wasnt the first time. i scored a -1 as i lost a lure and caught no fishes. the carp were jumping a lot. the res. is very very dirty and littered and has a lot of weed growth in it. i think we are going to look for another place to fish when we have an hour or two.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have been out there twice trying to get into the "Big Cats cruising the shallows". In fact, I was out there last night from around 6pm to Midnight. Got a few nibbles on shrimp but no real bites. Even tried my secret chicken liver formula; nothing. Has anyone had any success with Cats out there? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have also tried fishing Jim Baker twice in past few weeks trying to catch catfish. I have tried blood dough baits, crawdad tails, and sucker meat; but still no catfish. I had a few bites on the sucker meat, but that might have been trout or something else. It seems that trout are about all that I have seen people catching. I think that is because they stocked it somewhat recently with trout. I will have to give it a couple more tries when the water warms up a little more. The weekly DOW fishing report keeps saying that people are catching a lot of catfish and quite a few over 20 inches. They said to fish the rocky side of the lake; that narrows it down to about half the lake shoreline. Also I agree that there is a lot of trash at the lake. People need to pick up after themselves. Good luck to all on finding those illusive catfish.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
when they first opened that place a few years ago it was really nice, no trash, no bottles and they even had bags you could grab to pickup your dog waste. now look at it.. what a waste some people really need a stick over the head. some just feel that everyone else should clean up after them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts