Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I have officially JINXED myself, my boat, and anyone who fishes with me, at least until this weekend!!!

Several weeks ago my neighbors and I were having a disscussion about our annual 4th of July neighborhood party. I was asked about doing my famous Walleye fish fry that everyone just can't get enough of. I said of course I will do this, no problem, glad to do it, looking forward to doing my part for the party, he'll, I can't wait my self.

So I say to myself, I'll start keeping some Eyes and really make this great. No problem, right?

In the past 2 weekends of fishing, and fishing in 2 different metro area lakes, I have a grand total of 3 Walleyes to show for my efforts. 2 were about 10" to 12" long, and 1 Eye measured about 6" long!

I know what most are thinking, how hard can it be to catch a limit of Walleyes at the Crack? Well, evidently, pretty fricking hard for me right now!! No matter what I use, where I fish, who I fish with, with metal, bait, Gulp, etc. it doesn't really matter right now..Hell, I watched a guy in a ski boat on Sunday catch 3 or 4 Eyes drifting with bait, albeit, the looked like short fish, but non the less, HE was catching fish, I wasn't!!

I'm not really looking for any advice here, but just felt like wallowing in self pity for a while..:Cry::Cry::Cry::hurt:

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
You're running out of time-Pueblo?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I have been no where near you fishing the last 2 weeks!...wow the neighbor curse affecting "WE"!...Cherry Crest Seafood Market and restaurant at University and Orchard has walleye fillets for $12.99 a pound whenever Diane and I go to dinner there...cheaper than most amglers can catch them!...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wow, the Zcurse is stronger than I thought! I didn't know it carried over for this long Mark! How long has it been since you fished with Jeff and Kev? 2? 3 weeks? I am impressed with the power of the mighty Z Curse to say the least!

Jeff...you will get your mojo back... You are too good of a fisherman to go through a slump for long. Start trusting your own instincts, go to where you know where the fish are, not where they are supposed to be, and use the techniques that you excel at and you will find success again in very short order!

·
Registered
253 Posts
...Cherry Crest Seafood Market and restaurant at University and Orchard has walleye fillets for $12.99 a pound whenever Diane and I go to dinner there...cheaper than most amglers can catch them!...
Really nice restaurant! If you go there for lunch, it's geezerville- so I fit right in. The walleye fillets fight almost as well as the real thing.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been no where near you fishing the last 2 weeks!...wow the neighbor curse affecting "WE"!...Cherry Crest Seafood Market and restaurant at University and Orchard has walleye fillets for $12.99 a pound whenever Diane and I go to dinner there...cheaper than most amglers can catch them!...
I wonder if I can get it "To Go"?

You say "Near" me... Not sure what that means..same boat?, same lake?, same county? Same state????..

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I wonder if I can get it "To Go"?

You say "Near" me... Not sure what that means..same boat?, same lake?, same county? Same state????..

2 weeks ago I didnt fish at all due to relatives on the weekend...

They have a fish market in addition to the restaurant...so yes you can get raw fish to go...

Take Hobie to Pueblo!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Don't feel bad Jeff, your not alone! From the reports I get at Gander, the shore fishermen have been getting them all. Get Jon's trailer back on its feet, might have to do the night thing with the water reseeding.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Z curse is brutal. Although the Z luck is strong also. Ive felt the impact of each-

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2 weeks ago I didnt fish at all due to relatives on the weekend...

They have a fish market in addition to the restaurant...so yes you can get raw fish to go...

Take Hobie to Pueblo!
Not sure if I'll resort to going to market. I might have to "Kill" something else to supplement for the party!!..LOL

·
Registered
215 Posts
Slayer, you are right... I too have felt the effect of the Z curse and have also benefitted from it as well! ZCurse can bring extreme good luck as well!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts