Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
There are no sites that I know of near Joe Wright. You can camp at the Chambers Campground and drive up to Joe Wright. Additionally there are some dispersed sites along Laramie River Road, and further down the road is the smaller Tunnel Campground.

·
Registered
367 Posts
No problem. I love Joe Wright. Don't be afraid to keep a few Grayling. They taste good and it is good for the fishery to keep a couple. They were getting overpopulated and stunted a few years ago. In recent years with the increased take limit and the stocking of more predator fish it seems like the average size of Grayling has gone up. There are a few MA fish in there for sure.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Don't want to bomb on in your thread but heading up tomorrow to knock off
grayling on the good ol' bucket list. Any areas at Joe that are better than others? Any chance at other fish besides grayling at Joe or lakes nearby?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I stopped by there for 30 minutes or so once at the inlet and I couldn't keep them off my hook. That was from shore. Guys out in watercraft seemed to be getting into bigger ones in the creek channel out in the middle.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to be up there for the next five days in a green Adios Yak so hopefully I can find a little of everything the lake has to offer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts